Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your offer.
April 23rd, 2015 · No Comments
February 4th, 2009 · No Comments
Make your blog a Google magnet by increasing the number of comments made on your blog. Google and the other search engines put an undefinable, but considerable weight on comments you receive on the articles you write in your blog. If you want to move up in the search engine rankings, you must write quality content and get people to comment on your submissions.
Just ask yourself this question:
If you were Google, how would you determine how good an article is?
- You would check article for originality - not scraped from someone else
- The use of keywords - is the usage natural or are the stuffed?
- Keyword density - is it in a reasonable range?
- Whether there are related keywords - Latent Semantic Indexing
- How the keywords relate to the title
- Many other characteristics of the article - Who knows?
- Finally, how many people comment on your articles
You should be striving to become an authority site. We want a site that has incoming links from other related high pagerank sites indicating that our site is trusted and recognized. One of the fastest ways to get quality incoming links and recognition from the search engines is to have many high quality, original articles that people have commented on.
The dream is to get a discussion going on your site. This is where people use your article as a vehicle to “argue”, “debate”, “dispute” and “discuss” the pros and cons of what you have written.
Here is a small list of things you can do to increase your number of comments:
- Make a controversial post - Take a strong position. You will find some people will agree with you and some will not. Get them commenting by being somewhat outrageous
- Ask people to comment - The vast majority of people won’t comment, but asking them to comment does help. Ask some questions at the end of your post that invite people to express themselves.
- Use Web 2.0 type promoting - Post your article on Digg, Mixx, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Sphinn, Propeller and at least one to two other sites. You don’t have to be on all the sharing sites, but you will want to hit the influential ones, at least. Use an article submitting service such as SubmitYourArticle. You will find that it pays off pretty quickly. Your number of incoming, one-way links will increase over time.
- Post comments on other people’s blogs - Experienced bloggers really appreciate it when you make an intelligent, non-spam comment on their blog. Many blog owners will make it a point to search out your blog and comment on your work. Within Wordpress, the blog owner can simply click on the commenter’s blog URL. It is pretty to reciprocate.
In summary: Comments are very important in your success. Treat them with respect. Engender them and you will see your rank improve.
Do you agree with the list above? How many other ideas do you have? What have you found effective in increasing the number of comments your blog gets? Let me know below.
January 15th, 2009 · No Comments
Image by Hans on Experience via Flickr
Most videos I watch on the video sharing sites are not very interesting.
Why am I being so critical? Because it is true.
If I have to watch another screen capture video where they slowly move from check box to check box, I think I will die.
If you use Camtasia, a very popular screen capture product, you can take sections of your video and speed them up…if you must show them. If you use Camtasia, look for “clip speed” in the help area or go to the “Edit” at the top of the page and find “clip speed”. Please use it to get through mundane parts of your video.
Another way, which is easier, is to just cut out the portion of the video where you type everything in. Why make the reader/watcher look at your typing and correcting?
January 8th, 2009 · No Comments
I cannot stand to watch most of the videos shown on YouTube, Google, and Yahoo, just to name a few.
The videos all suffer from common problems:
- Bad sound
- Bad lighting
- No tripod
- Fuzzy, purpose
Let’s take these in order.
The microphone on the camera picks up every sound in the room, echos and all. The sound will be a
December 20th, 2008 · No Comments
Odiogo’s media-shifting technology expands the reach of your content: It transforms news sites and blog posts into high fidelity, near human quality audio files ready to download and play anywhere, anytime, on any device.
I can’t tell you how excited I am about this Free service from Odiogo.com
I just installed it on one of my blogs, www.TrafficBumper.com. It was very easy to do. There was no coding